We've added a setting for how URLs are generated in Formsort: you now have the choice of using the step's index or the step ID in the URL.
Step ID is useful because it is a stable identifier. For example, if you are tracking conversions in Google Analytics, you wouldn't need to create a new conversion funnel every time we add or drop a step in the flow, since the goal URL remains stable.
Enable it at Settings > Behavior > Use step ID instead of index
(This might end up being the default soon)
We've added a date and time question type.
This allows responders to provide a more precise time in their local timezone. The answer is stored as an ISO-8601 timestamp at the UTC timezone, like 2022-09-19T15:54:41.111Z
You can now use the new Google sheets integration, send form data to Google Sheets directly - without involving engineers or 3rd party workarounds.
Consider the Google Sheets integration if:
- You or your business uses the Google suite of products
- The traffic to your form is low. Using Google Sheets will count towards your Google API limits. Formsort cannot guarantee delivery of responses if this limit is reached
- You have a one-off form for a small use case
- You need to quickly get your form up and running, and you have no engineering resources
- You’re a healthcare business that needs HIPAA compliance and have signed a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Google Workspace products. Note: Google Sheets uses high-level encryption to safeguard protected health information (PHI), but you still need to sign a BAA as this data will be stored on Google’s servers
Read more about the integration here.
Inline display of conditional logic
You can now view conditional logic inline when editing a flow within the studio. This will let you know what steps of a flow will be executed based on defined criteria, and help you to easily create complex flows branching logic. Read more about adding conditional logic here.
Celebrate with confetti
You can now celebrate with confetti during your flow.
You can enable this feature in the Style -> Animations section for a step. Formsort allows you to choose from a variety of preset animations as well as their timing and easing functions, read more here.
Tooltips for select choices
Choices in a select question can now have tooltips attached. Use this to explain choices that would otherwise be too complex or too long to have in one line. Read more about questions here.
Copy variants to a new flow
You can now copy an existing variant into a new or existing flow.
A flow collects information to fulfill a specific goal within your organization: for example, a new user sign-up flow. Variants exist within a flow, and are generally used to make small variations to the same content. Read more about flows and variants here.
Seven new themes for flows
The Formsort team has released seven new themes that can be used in flows. Themes provide the underlying style settings for a flow, and starter themes can be used as a basis for developing the perfect theme for your own flows.
Content templates for flows
New flows created will be offered the ability to start blank, or to choose from a few pre-canned sets of content. Content templates are a great place to start when creating content for your flows.
- New flows include templates for e-commerce, fin-tech, and healthcare.