Formsort empowers teams to create and improve complex and highly
designed customer-facing form flows.
Companies like Candid and GoodRx Formsort to power
meaningful interactions with millions of customers.
People don’t invest in Formsort, Formsort invests in people. We’ve
bootstrapped to financial sustainability, which means the only
expectations we manage to are those of our customers and our team.
You want to join Formsort because you enjoy tackling complex
technological challenges with a tight-knit team, and you want the
autonomy to shape your work life.
As an early team member you’ll not only play a vital role in the
creation of our product, but in defining our culture. Additionally, as
our first dedicated backend engineer you’ll design, build, and scale
mission-critical systems with a high level of autonomy.
- Evolve our data models to allow our users to create and update
type-safe form flows in a robust but flexible way, while maintaining
- Build scalable systems: automatically capture screenshots of all completed form
flows for auditing purposes, log fine-grained UI interactions to
generate suggestions for improvements, and facilitate A/B testing of
content and strucuture to help our clients grow their businesses.
- Enable fallback data collection even if critical infrastructure is
down, building in mechanisms for seamless recovery from outages.
- Tactically deploy new services and refactor existing code to address
the most pressing performance needs, matching user problems to the
The ideal candidate
- You have extensive experience with Python, Flask, and Postgres.
- You're comfortable managing cloud infrastructure at scale, and
have devops experience (you've been on call in the past).
- You’ve successfully worked on a distributed team before, and can
balance working on long-term strategic problems with tactical
projects to help win customers.
- You speak English, and enjoy learning from and teaching your teammates new concepts.
- You've spent 5+ years of time building software: you should have good pattern matching.
- We do continuous deployment and we ship code daily.
- Most of our application code is written in Python, using the Flask web framework.
- Our platform runs on Heroku & AWS, leveraging Lambdas, S3, and CloudFront.
- Postgres and Redis for data storage.
- The frontend is in Typescript, using React.
Our engineering team is currently 4 engineers, in North America, Europe, Asia.