Formsort is reinventing how internet businesses build and optimize their most valuable forms. Forms mediate all transactions online; applying for a mortgage, personalizing your clothing subscription, and signing up for a vaccine appointment all consist of sets of forms embedded within websites or apps. To create these experiences, businesses have historically defaulted to dedicating precious engineering resources to re-invent how forms are built.
Formsort changes all that by empowering the full growth team to launch and optimize these experiences and freeing engineers from the critical path when it comes to improvement. Companies like GoodRx, Candid, and Calibrate all use Formsort to power their most valuable customer conversations.
Formsort was founded by members of the founding team of Better Mortgage to build the missing infrastructure required to move complex commerce online. We believe great people are everywhere, and our fully-remote 20+ person team is distributed across the United States, Europe, and Asia.
We are looking for an eager, customer-centric junior developer to lead the relationships with our customers. The ideal candidate doesn't just take tickets and answer questions, but thinks of their work as part of a bigger system, and helps develop lasting solutions that we’re not even aware of today.
You'll have oversight and responsibility for both helping our existing customers improve and iterate, as well as helping us land the next batch of deals as they come in. On a daily basis, you'll be exposed to problems throughout the entirety of a technology business: whether helping someone out with CSS styling for a particular look, debugging why data isn't being received, or helping strategize quick ways to stand up a proof-of-concept for a new flow. Building out form flows touches almost every aspect of running a modern business, and you'll be in the middle of it all.
Here's a taste of some of the direction we're taking customer support:
- More templating, less building from scratch: today, getting up and running requires quite a bit of building, as users must piece together their flows mostly from scratch, or with help from our team. With your help, we'll identify the most common patterns and build them into templates, getting started guides, and in-product workflows to ease the burden of setup, particularly as we allow anyone to sign up for a free trial.
- Easier identification of the root causes of problems: since Formsort is usually an embedded part of a bigger system, it's not often clear where a problem lies when it's first identified. On a case-by-case basis, you'll use your intuition and investigation skills to identify root causes, and then work with the rest of the team to make them self-evident, by building out dashboards, alerts, or preventing the problem from happening altogether.
- Maintaining documentation and delivering it at the right place and time: the surface area of the form flow problem is huge - customers may be tinkering on a design, altering their content, or changing the way that the data flows within a single editing session. We need you to help ensure that customers are supported at all times, without needing to chat with us whenever they need help: useful, clear content needs to be available, and accessible at just the right time.
Formsort of the future will not only let our users build forms, but will elevate their forms in ways they didn’t know to ask or to look for. To get there, we need you!
- Has strong people skills, both verbal and written, and is excited about working closely together with others to solve real-world problems.
- Is a native English speaker and is located in North America time zones (that is where most of our clients are today)
- You have 2+ years of experience working in development or support roles at technology companies, ideally supporting products with technical users.
- Has a growing knowledge and eagerness to learn and explain the full stack of a technology product: querying a SQL database, debugging CSS problems, or trying out a new API using a node script.
- Has mastered issue-tracking tools such as Sentry, Trello, Zendesk or others, and keeps them up-to-date, accurate, and automated whenever possible.
- You enjoy productivity and savor data: struggling with a manual process or not knowing the status of something bothers you, and you put together tools to make your work easier and more efficient.
- Self-starter attitude: you take joy in identifying and executing high-impact improvements independently, in addition to working on longer-term strategic projects.
- You can manage multiple competing priorities: you have a sense for making tradeoffs between projects, considering the goals of the business and the happiness of customers.
- Remote work makes you happy: you're good at collaborating with a team that's geographically distributed, and enjoy having a balanced lifestyle.
- We interview you, talking through a hypothetical support case, focusing on your clarity of communication and breadth of technical interest.
- We hire you.
- Meet each of our existing clients directly to understand their goals for their product forms, and their experiences with Formsort thus far.
- Learn the product deeply by building dozens of samples and mastering the documentation, changing anything you find confusing or difficult.
- Integrate into the engineering team to understand what's in flight, and help out with testing and documenting.
- Fix some smaller bugs yourself.
- Work with product to integrate your learnings directly into user experiences.
- Help new clients go live: spend a few weeks focusing on a single partner in the healthcare, finance, or e-commerce space to understand their business and set their forms up for success.
- Build automations and support for open signups: anyone on the internet will be able to sign up for a Formsort trial, so scaling support will become increasingly important.
- Bring in new tools and processes to expose internal data externally, helping customers diagnose and solve their own problems.
- Hire a team: with your knowledge of both the problems and the people, you'll build out a support team to support sales and growth.
- Run a conference for our clients: you take your relationships beyond chats and calls and meet clients.
- Specialize in sales support, managing a support team, or transition directly to product or engineering to build out the solutions yourself.
How to apply
Please send us your recent work, GitHub projects that you’re proud of, or open source contributions.Apply here